10.14.2007

Week 2


It was the turn of the ladies this week and boy, were they good. Really showed up the men who are going to have to turn something on really quick to shine in any way.


Penny Lancaster and the lovely Ian did a terrific quickstep; Alisha and Matthew looked great together and she was stunning; Letitia Dean and Darren not quite as good as we expected.

Gabby Logan, overly confident I felt, and her face showed her disappointment when she did not get the total praise she was expecting. She has been marked as the bookies favourite and she had done twice as much work as anybody else, was seen on training bossing James around, and I felt this fiercely competitive attitude slightly offputting.
Brendan and Kelly simply sensational and it looks as if Brendan is behaving himself this time and seems to be treating Kelly in a very respectful way. The fact that her Hollywood star fiance, Billy Zane, was in the front row and watching very carefully might just have had something to do with it!


Of course, Kate Garroway was pretty hopeless and Anton more or less carried her around the floor, but I felt the judges were overly unkind, with the exception of Len of course, and Arlene made a snide comment about the hapless Fiona in the last series who is also on the same TV show as Kate and got a few boos. Yes, her performance was poor but as she was on crutches until the beginning of this week, I felt a little bit more rope could have been given. She had had hardly any time at all to practice.


Stephanie and Vincent I found vaguely boring and this Hollywood Diva thing a tad irritating. She certainly lives up to it.


The dance off was not, as we had all expected, between Kate and Letitia but Stephanie and Letitia. The audiene shrieked with delight when Kate got through as once again the British sense of fair play kept her in for another week so she could have a proper crack at it. She and Anton were obviously expecting to have to dance again and were thrilled to be through.


Stephanie certainly seemed to be delighted to be voted out and kept saying Thankyou to the judges, and it would appear that she found the whole thing pretty horrendous and was glad it was all over. She certainly did it with style.


I am now off to set my video for Take Two on Monday. Got home on Friday night to watch my tape and found to my utter horror I had programmed the wrong numbers in and I had recorded a gardening programme with the unspeakably awful Alan Titchmarsh. Imagine my feelings...


So, next week ladies and men together - I think that Mr Logan will be out next week. He seems to have no discernible sense of dance or talent at all, but I could be surprised....

2 comments:

Jodie Robson said...

I missed this programme so your comments were very informative! I usually allow my husband to dictate what we watch but this year I announced that I, at least, was going to watch. We haven't quite got the hang of taping the 2 separate nights though.

Elaine said...

well keep visiting! I never miss this and will always tape if I am out or have friends round on whom I would not inflict my tastes...