10.22.2007

Week 3 and hotting up


First week with all the contestants, both male and female up against each other and not so one sided as everyone was predicting.


A bit behind with latest comments as I had to tape the programme and watch later.

So far the emerging talents are obviously Alesha who is simply terrific. Her jive exuded sheer enjoyment as well as brilliant dancing. I have to say that Matthew, her partner, is really rather gorgeous and I have a feeling that they could get through to the final.

Poor Penny had a bad time with her jive which was truly dire. She is such a stunning girl and those legs of hers go on for ever, but as Craig said 'this is not your dance' and he really hoped she did not end up in the bottom two. Have you noticed how much nicer Craig is these days?

Brendan and Kelly were excellent of course, and it was very honest of him to own up to a mistake so that Kelly would not get blamed for it. I have to say that when this programme started I was not prepared to like her, but the more she appears and chats the more she seems to me to be a fun person and very natural. I notice her fiancé, Billy Zane, is there all the time. Keeping an eye on Brendon no doubt.

I don't care for Dom very much. I find his Cheeky Chappie bit too much to take and he thinks he is much better than he really is. Leititia Dean is slowly getting better but she does not seem to have much self belief and she will need to really get this sorted. I am surprised Kenny Logan got through, I find him totally unappealing and lacking in any sort of personality or charisma and find it hard to imagine him on the rugby field. I also have to say that his wife, Gabby, has a competitive personality that I find off putting. Last week she was obviously expecting the judges to fall over her with delight after her quickstep and was very affronted when they didn't. Same thing again this week. I think she is terrific but her personality not that engaging and in this show, that counts with the vagaries of the Great British Public.

Much as I like Willie, I think it was right he should go and John stayed in. He has a natural way of moving that I find very attractive and you can already see the weight dropping off him.

I see that Arlene has latched on to Gethin - didn't think it would take her long to pick out her man!

A great evening all round but I do wish the BBC would restore the results show to Saturday night, dragging it out over to Sunday is just not on and though they deny saying the Sunday show is live, having Bruce and Tess change dresses and make their entrances again as if they had just arrived in the studio is a bit over the top. Who do they think they are fooling?

One other thing I have noted in this series, is just how much fun all the contestants seem to be having and how they support each other and the feeling of camaraderie amongst them all.

Love love love this programme…just in case you hadn't realised.

No comments: