10.07.2007

Week One


Well week one down and rest assured, while I was loving every minute of The Magic Flute, I had made darn sure I had the video programmed before I left for the day, so that I did not miss Week One of my favourite glitzy, camp programme. So this afternoon, I settled down and watched my tape and loved every minute of it. I am now watching the results programme which has been switched to a Sunday and waiting to see who will be involved in the dance off. I personally feel that Richard Cabon, an actor famed for his part as a psycho killer in Coronation Street, will go as he was pretty poor, but we shall see. I will let you know if I am right.
Incidentally, it was all the men dancing tonight - ladies turn next week. The ladies did a group dance and they were sensational, simply sensational. So I think it will be ladies turn this year to win something.
SO glad it is back - cheesiness - glitz - glamour and total FUN all the way.

LATER - Yep I was right. Shame as his partner is Karen who won last year. Bonus was that she and Mark 'snake hips' Ramprakash did a guest dance of their salsa which was wonderful and brought the house down.
I think I am going to see if I can set up another page or blog or whatever so that I can rabbit on about this and those of you who are not interested over the next 14 weeks can ignore it. I shall have to check typepad and see how I do it. Does anybody out there know...?
Quotes of the show:
Craig Revel Horwood (Judge) to Willi Thorne who is rather large ; 'I do like a man with some meat on him'
Bruno Tonelli (Judge) to same Willi Thorne: 'I think I am going to all you Big Willie for this series'
What can one say.......?

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oooh! I'm your first commenter! what an honour.

I loved it! On Saturday evening I went to the cinema with my brother so taped it and we watched it when we got back.

Initial thoughts - now that the judges have the final say I think less members of the public will vote and the judges will have their favourites who they won't let leave early - or the biggest slebs. Thus I think we'll see Kelly and Penny in the last couple of weeks regardless which will please my brother...!

Also, I reckon Kenny will be out next time they get the chance to ditch him so he'd better up his game in the fortnight. My (Scottish) husband observed that Kenny seemed much determined to win Strictly than he was about winning important rugby games for Scotland...

Brucie was fab as always - truly a national treasure. And what on EARTH was Tess Daly wearing????